Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Deer Park Hotel and Railroad Station.

The Deer Park Hotel and railroad station. In this picture you can see people waiting for the next train and also a Concord Stagecoach waiting to pick up hotel guests. The hotel is in the background.

The Deer Park Hotel in North Woodstock, New Hampshire was built in 1886-87. The hotel survived until June of 1952, when it was destroyed by fire. The site is now occupied by a condominium resort that retains the name. Our family owns a vacation home there, and it's a special place indeed. I started this blog as an online place to share it's history and will be adding info as I find it. Thanks for stopping by and if you like this blog, please leave a comment and become a follower. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I have just read and looked through the entirety of your blog - it is wonderful. I am writing this sitting in our condo in Deer Park. Like you I have been fascinated by the Deer Park Hotel, since I discovered its existence. I had been trying to place the location of the hotel on a modern map. I now have a much better idea, though not entirely sure. How far do you think it was from the dam?
    I hope that you see this comment and respond.

    ReplyDelete